I have been meaning to jot down all the things I wish I knew before I bought my house, with the hope of helping someone out. I will add to it as time goes, but here is the raw list:
- Sunrise/Sunset (What direction does the sun sent and rise)
- Ground (Clay, rock, etc.)
- Flood plains?
- Property Tax
- Road Width
- Distance Between Houses
- Daytime vs Nightime vs Weekend (Visit at all times)
- Through Traffic
- Cable vs Fiber VS ADSL
- Year Round Weather
- Last House vs Not last house??
- HOA’s Rules vs No HOA and benefits of HOA (Gym, park, pool, etc.)
- Future Resale Potential
- Shopping (Supermarkets, gas stations, etc.)
- Pollen or No Pollen Allergies
- PPI- Pre Purchase Inspection
- Hire private inspector before signing when pointing out things that need to be fixed
- Per-Approved for mortgage (If international money is involved make sure it’s “clean”)
- House age
- Hard water vs Soft water
I will add more information about each of these points eventually.